U.S. Shipping: $3.99 first book, additional books $1 each
International shipping varies by location
Learn to sketch what you see and improve your pencil drawing skills by using classic techniques and proven tutorials.
Originally published in 1922, Arthur Guptill’s respected contemporary guide to sketching, drawing, and rendering in pencil is restored for a new generation of artists and students. Hundreds of illustrations enhance lessons on still-life drawing, figure drawing, landscapes, buildings, shading, and more. Features:
- Restored pencil illustrations
- Full-Size 8 1/2″ x 11″ pages
- Dozens of classic, professional tutorials
- Great lessons for beginner and advanced artists
- Softcover and hardcover options
- Author’s original page layouts
- Classic type font
- Bold retro-styled cover design
- 34 literary criticisms
Before digital, before the Internet, people learned to draw by sketching what they saw in front of them. Guptill’s classic how-to-draw book is full of masterful illustrations of people, objects, places, buildings, and things that beginners and experienced artists can use as guides to draw by applying tried-and-true techniques.
Sketch what you see and improve your pencil rendering, shading, and drawing skills for fun or professional use. The Classic Guide to Sketching and Drawing with Pencils: Retro Restored Edition is easy to follow and filled with enjoyable lessons enhanced with sketches created by experienced artists from back in the day.
Learn to draw, learn to sketch, learn figure drawing, landscape illustration, architectural rendering techniques, and pencil shading with Guptill’s contemporary lessons and timeless instruction.
Table of Contents:
– Chapter 1: First Considerations
– Chapter 2: The Essential Equipment
– Chapter 3: Object Drawing in Outline
– Chapter 4: Object Drawing in Light and Shade
– Chapter 5: Free-Hand Perspective
– Chapter 6: Cast Drawing
– Chapter 7: Life Drawing
– Chapter 8: Sketching Animals
– Chapter 1: Architectural Considerations
– Chapter 2: Starting the Work
– Chapter 3: Individual Style
– Chapter 4: Methods and Lighting
– Chapter 5: Composition and Drawing from Photographs
– Chapter 6: Graded Tones
– Chapter 7: The Representation of Small Buildings
– Chapter 8: The Representation of Details
– Chapter 9: Interiors and Furniture
– Chapter 10: Outdoor Sketching
– Chapter 11: Accessories
– Chapter 12: Decorative Treatment
– Chapter 13: Large Buildings
About the Publisher:
The CGR Publishing Restoration Workshop uses a vast array of computers and digital scanners to restore, preserve, and enhance the classic works of writers and artists from the 19th century. Each new release includes display-quality covers, enlarged covers, and retro fonts. Select books include Dante’s Inferno Retro Hell-Bound Edition, Gustave Doré’s London: A Pilgrimage, The Complete Book of Birds, A Life of George Westinghouse, The Clock Book: A Detailed Illustrated Collection of Classic Clocks, The Aeroplane Speaks, and much more.